[SOLVED] Connect 2 speaker systems to 1 computer.

Jun 10, 2020
In my current setup, I have a speaker system connected to my monitor via 3.5 mm cable and my computer connects to my monitor through HDMI. I send the sound to my monitor which sends it to my speakers so that I have less wires connected to my pc. I recently got a second set of speakers (also 3.5mm) from my dad who doesn't need them anymore. I have an open aux jack on my computer and I was wondering, is there anyway to set the speakers on the HDMI as my front and the other 2 that I would put in to the aux port as my rear? Is there some speaker management software I could use? I have tried to use the windows sound settings but I can only run them as 2 independent speakers, not 2 front 2 rear.

Solution
For surround sound to work you need individual analogue channels or a decoder (ie Audio Visual Receiver) to extract the channels from HDMI to the designated speakers connected to the AVR.

Since you're using the monitor as audio pass through, it is limiting you to stereo two channel fronts and isn't any software to manipulate it.

Need to either use motherboard audio (if it supports multiple audio jacks) or sound card to have quadraphonic.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
For surround sound to work you need individual analogue channels or a decoder (ie Audio Visual Receiver) to extract the channels from HDMI to the designated speakers connected to the AVR.

Since you're using the monitor as audio pass through, it is limiting you to stereo two channel fronts and isn't any software to manipulate it.

Need to either use motherboard audio (if it supports multiple audio jacks) or sound card to have quadraphonic.

Solution