[SOLVED] Connect a DTS TV and Non DTS Soundbar

amjadh678

Reputable
Sep 17, 2017
Hi Mates,
So I ran into a bit of a problem.. I bought an Mi 4x 50 inch TV which has support for Dolby and DTS audio formats.. I was watching some of my DTS movies from my external HDD but then I found out that the in-built speakers of TV isn't good enough.. So I decided to order a soundbar.. Budget constraints lead me to order a Blaupunkt SBA01 Soundbar.. It is a good device for its price but it doesn't have any support for Dolby or DTS.. I plan to connect it to my TV using HDMI ARC..

So my question is, Will I be able to hear the audio from my soundbar which is connected to my TV if I watch a DTS movie from my external HDD connected to TV or from other sources like Netflix? Do both the TV and soundbar need to support DTS inorder to do that? I don't want exact DTS experience here.. I just want to hear the audio.. Thanks in advance..

amjadh678

Reputable
Sep 17, 2017
usually the audio is provided by netflix or movies in multiple formats, so you should hear non DTS audio.
I have movies in my external HDD which are specifically coded it DTS and doesn't have any other audio streams.. They only seemed to have audio on my PC until my TV arrived.. No other non DTS TVs could play them.. So my question is specific mate.. Although my TV can run them fine, do I need a DTS support to the soundbar itself?

TRENDING THREADS