[SOLVED] Connect cd-rom drive without power cable

FilmCraft

Reputable
Aug 29, 2019
Hello, I have a cd drive that I got from my old laptop, and I would like to connect it to my new pc.
Do I have to connect it to the power supply?
20200827_153905.jpg

Which one of those two do I have to connect?

my motherboard is asus b450-f gaming

Solution
Hello, I have a cd drive that I got from my old laptop, and I would like to connect it to my new pc.
20200827_153905.jpg

Hi...

You need to connect both connectors - the smaller connector on the left is a Sata data connector, use a Sata cable to connect this to a sata port on your motherboard (your motherboard should include a sata cable to use for this, if you still have the box / accessories).

The larger connector to the right is a sata power connector, you will need to connect this to a sata power plug from the...
20200827_153905.jpg

Hi...

You need to connect both connectors - the smaller connector on the left is a Sata data connector, use a Sata cable to connect this to a sata port on your motherboard (your motherboard should include a sata cable to use for this, if you still have the box / accessories).

The larger connector to the right is a sata power connector, you will need to connect this to a sata power plug from the power supply.

Solution