connect dlink n150 2730u adsl/2 modem+router to ethernet line

Vivek Fegade

Honorable
Feb 2, 2014
Hi,
today i have purchased dlink n150 2730u adsl/2 modem+router but when i opend up the box i found input is of rj11 n my local service provider giving me connection of rj45 ethernet connection which i have directly connected to my pc. Now i wnt to connect router but i have purchased adsl .
so how can i connect my adsl modem to internet with rj45 port?
Is it possible to use Rj11 to rj45 converter for to connect my router to internet .

Solution
RJ11 is the typical incoming connection for a DSL modem.

Your provider provides an RJ45 connection. What is the actual signal type coming out of that RJ45? An ethernet type signal, or a DSL type signal?

jnewegger23

Distinguished
rj45 is the standard from your modem to your router and from your router to your pcs, consoles etc. rj11 is the input from your provider to your modem if it's dsl. Cable is the input from your provider to your modem if it is of course cable. The modem is the converter. Here's a schematic:

So in theory I don't see the need for an additional converter if I am understanding you correctly. Hope this helps!
So in the pic above the "phone line" would be your rj11, the ethernet cable would be your rj45s. Makes sense? Let me know if there's confusion. Take care!

Thanks,

Justin S.

Mar 11, 2014