Question Connect Laptop and Xbox One S Through HDMI to Monitor with a Single HDMI Port

LoveOverClock

Honorable
Feb 11, 2015
Hello,
I have a laptop which supports external display through HDMI and an Xbox One S which is also connecting to a display with an HDMI cable.
My Monitor has only a single HDMI port, a VGA port and a audio jack port.
Whats the best (most affordable and working without problems) way to connect both laptop and Xbox to the display simultaneously, so
when i would like to play on Xbox, i dont need to reconfigurate cables? Also i have a pair of speakers which are connecting through audio jack
and it is the main audio source of the setup, so whatever the solution would be , it must also take into account the speakers to
work for both the devices. I am thinking of an HDMI splitter, so i can connect both devices to one end of the splitter and the other end to the single
HDMI port of the display. Is that a good idea, will the sound get transfered properly from working device through splitter to the display so the audio
jack of the display will transfer it to the speakers? Maybe you can think of a better solution?

Last edited:

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS