Connect Monitor 120hz with Laptop

Andrea Pozzer

Reputable
Feb 12, 2015
Hello , first of all , my name is Andrea
I wanted to ask you if you can help me.
I bought a 2qd dominator gt72 and i have a old 120hz minitor LG W2363D which unfortunately has no displayport .
My laptop has only Minidisplayport connectors and i'd like to connect them with my 120hz minitor , how do i know which adapter shall i buy ? i read that single-link doesn't support 120hz and i don't know which one is dual-link without spending 100$ buying the apple one.
sorry for my english , not my native language

Solution
it is quite an expensive solution unfortunatelly! here is another. you wont find such ''special'' adapter for 10-20 bucks!:(

needs to be ''active'' for the signal conversion to dual link dvi for the 120-144hz support. your laptop support dp 1.2 so it will work.!

StarTech MDP2DVID Mini DisplayPort to DVI Dual-Link Active Adapter - USB Powered

this is the only one i could find stated as active and dual link at an appealing price however customer reviews state otherwise!:(

VisionTek 900640 Mini DisplayPort to Dual Link DVI-D Active Adapter Cable
it is quite an expensive solution unfortunatelly! here is another. you wont find such ''special'' adapter for 10-20 bucks!:(

needs to be ''active'' for the signal conversion to dual link dvi for the 120-144hz support. your laptop support dp 1.2 so it will work.!

StarTech MDP2DVID Mini DisplayPort to DVI Dual-Link Active Adapter - USB Powered

this is the only one i could find stated as active and dual link at an appealing price however customer reviews state otherwise!:(

VisionTek 900640 Mini DisplayPort to Dual Link DVI-D Active Adapter Cable

Solution

thats an even more expensive solution! you need to spend ~250$. i would consider upgrading only if it was to be the primary monitor! however it is your decision anyway! you are welcome!