Question Connect my laptop to external screen via HDMI cable

Sep 10, 2022
I have a problem with my laptop msi gs75 stealth 9se which is when I connect it to another monitor directly via the HDMI input the other screen stays black but I can see in the settings that the monitor is connected.

On the other hand, when I connect it via USB adapter type-C with the HDMI port, there is no problem and it works normally. I hope for a way to solve this problem and I am interested in connecting it directly through the HDMI port without the adapter.

note: all drivers is on date

I have a problem with my laptop msi gs75 stealth 9se which is when I connect it to another monitor directly via the HDMI input the other screen stays black but I can see in the settings that the monitor is connected.

On the other hand, when I connect it via USB adapter type-C with the HDMI port, there is no problem and it works normally. I hope for a way to solve this problem and I am interested in connecting it directly through the HDMI port without the adapter.

note: all drivers is on date

If the screen is seen as connected, you actually need to move something to that second screen unless you have them set to duplicate. What you are possibly seeing is just a black background since nothing is on that screen for you to see yet. I have a very similar MSI system and no issues with using the HDMI port over several driver versions.

Reactions: Be44y44