[SOLVED] Connect My Wifi Repeater Tenda F3 to my router through lan cable

Jul 27, 2020
I have my router at the 1st floor of my house and my room is at the 2nd floor. I already have a wifi repeater in my room connected wirelessly to my router and my laptop is connected to my repeater through lan cable, but when i play games like valorant and CSGO the packet loss kept spiking. Is it gonna solve my problem or not when i connect my router and my wifi repeater through lan cable. Thank you.

Solution
Is there a way that I can diagnose the spiking packet loss problem is caused by my wifi repeater or it is directly from the ISP?
You would do a separate continuous ping window to your router IP. See if that is constant or not. You can also do a traceroute to the game server IP. Then open several windows and do continuous pings to each hop. These are the same steps you would do for any ping spike debug. There should be lots of threads here on debugging ping spikes.

kanewolf

Titan
I have my router at the 1st floor of my house and my room is at the 2nd floor. I already have a wifi repeater in my room connected wirelessly to my router and my laptop is connected to my repeater through lan cable, but when i play games like valorant and CSGO the packet loss kept spiking. Is it gonna solve my problem or not when i connect my router and my wifi repeater through lan cable. Thank you.
Unknown for sure. BUT, removing wireless connectivity should help. There could be overloaded links from your ISP that could cause ping spikes. You would have to do more debug to determine if the spikes are to your primary router or somewhere beyond your home.

Jul 27, 2020
Unknown for sure. BUT, removing wireless connectivity should help. There could be overloaded links from your ISP that could cause ping spikes. You would have to do more debug to determine if the spikes are to your primary router or somewhere beyond your home.
Is there a way that I can diagnose the spiking packet loss problem is caused by my wifi repeater or it is directly from the ISP?

kanewolf

Titan
You would do a separate continuous ping window to your router IP. See if that is constant or not. You can also do a traceroute to the game server IP. Then open several windows and do continuous pings to each hop. These are the same steps you would do for any ping spike debug. There should be lots of threads here on debugging ping spikes.

Solution
Jul 27, 2020
Thanks for the answer. I think i figure out what was causing the packet loss. I went to the 1st floor and try to connect my laptop to my router with lan cable and play valorant, it has 0% packet loss and then when i went back to my room and play with my wireless repeater connected to my laptop through lan cable, it has spiking packet loss. So it must be the wireless repeater problem and connecting my router and my repeater through lan cable will solve the problem then, right?

TRENDING THREADS