Connect PC and Turntable to same speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 7, 2018
I currently am using an Behringer USB Audio Interface to connect my M-Audio BX5 speakers and headphones. I'm looking at getting a turntable to play vinyl and want to be able to connect both my Audio Interface and Turntable to the same set of speakers. The turntable i am looking at has RCA line outputs and my speakers use a TRS balanced/unbalanced input. I assume to connect them both to the speakers i will need some sort of RCA to TRS converter or adapter? and i would need a switch to connect both the Interface and Turntable to the speakers? And would i need a separate DAC for the turntable setup? Can anyone help me out with the specific equipment needed? Thankyou

Solution
The Xenyx 502 is a mixer so you would actually be able to hear both the turntable and the behringer at the same time if you wanted to, but yeah it would work. Just make sure that each of your 2 devices have a spot on the mixer to plug into and use the right adapter if necessary. There's only 1 rca stereo pair input on the mixer. One of your 2 devices would have to go into Ch 2/3 or 4/5, requiring a 1/4" connectors for input.
Turntable don't need no DAC 'cuz it's analog, u can plug that sucker in directly into the speaker. To do this without plug/unplug cable every time and to have a switch, having an AUX_IN in that Behringer box is best. Option #2, plug turntable into PC's AUX_IN, but that may not be best due the noisy PCs. Last option, a mechanical switch like this:

Turntable ---->
Behringer ----> Mechanical Switch ----> Speaker.

Nov 7, 2018

The mechanical switch seems like the best option for me, thats what i had in mind. i was looking at the Behringer Xenyx 502. woulld this work as a switch?

The Xenyx 502 is a mixer so you would actually be able to hear both the turntable and the behringer at the same time if you wanted to, but yeah it would work. Just make sure that each of your 2 devices have a spot on the mixer to plug into and use the right adapter if necessary. There's only 1 rca stereo pair input on the mixer. One of your 2 devices would have to go into Ch 2/3 or 4/5, requiring a 1/4" connectors for input.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.