Question Connect power to my motherboard Biostar TB360-BTC D+

May 26, 2021
Hello all, pardon my noobness, but I'm trying to power my Biostar TB360-BTC D+. The problem is it apparently has 8, 6-pin connectors just for the Mobo power. It has another 8 that are used for the graphics cards, but I'm wondering if for the Mobo all 8 must be connected to a PSU or not. Seems excessive. Thanks for the help!

Image:

https://ibb.co/dDt2whP

Hello all, pardon my noobness, but I'm trying to power my Biostar TB360-BTC D+. The problem is it apparently has 8, 6-pin connectors just for the Mobo power. It has another 8 that are used for the graphics cards, but I'm wondering if for the Mobo all 8 must be connected to a PSU or not. Seems excessive. Thanks for the help!

Image:

https://ibb.co/dDt2whP

That motherboard doesn't have a standard 24-pin connector so you must use all those 6-pin connectors to power the motherboard.

Sep 13, 2021
I have the same board can i use 8pin from psu and then plug 2 6 pin into the board using four cables in total.? Btw i do have asus thor 1200w which has 12 8 pin pci out . I was just wondering could i save some pci slots for the gpus

May 26, 2021
Update for anyone following this thread, I managed to power up this MoBo with a Server PSU that I bought from amazon. You need the PSU (HP, DPS-1200 FB A) and a converter that turns the output into 6pin connectors. It's a bit of a hassle, but works fine once you get it all right.

Sep 23, 2021
Update for anyone following this thread, I managed to power up this MoBo with a Server PSU that I bought from amazon. You need the PSU (HP, DPS-1200 FB A) and a converter that turns the output into 6pin connectors. It's a bit of a hassle, but works fine once you get it all right.

Hey, do you have the link to the converter? I’m looking online and all I see is mobo 24 pin to one 6 pin connector. Per the mobo manual, don’t all the 6 pin connections need to be occupied for it to be powered? Thanks