Connect receiver to computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

illegalrugalah

Honorable
Mar 19, 2012
I found an old sony str-k660p and want a way to connect it to my computer for gaming with surround sound.
here are pictures of the cables i currently have involving audio and my computer/receiver ports:
http://imgur.com/a/vHRWT (its an album)
so would i need cable adapters or a whole new cable? i really want surround sound for skyrim (traded in my xbox copy and waiting for steam sale this month :D)

illegalrugalah

Honorable
Mar 19, 2012
does the current cable I have go into the spdif out? or do i need a whole new cable?

(the cable fits but im not sure if its supposed to go there)

EDIT: I just googled coxial to spdif and it turns out they are basically the same, and i have a spdif cable. so id connect the current cable to spdif and coxial ports?

illegalrugalah

Honorable
Mar 19, 2012
i plugged my cable into the spdif out and the coax aand nothing happens. i checked every option (Video and DVD with every possible input option) and nothing has worked... i made sure that the signal flow is going to the receiver box, but i tried it both ways...

blackhawk1928

Distinguished
Any coaxial cable will work. Cable is cable...no difference other than the end connectors. The signal is what makes it an SPDIF.

Make sure you plug into your receiver in the correct port. If nothing works, check the receiver's settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.