Connect several computers to work as one

Apr 30, 2020
I would like to connect two or more PCs to work in unison, I would appreciate any suggestions and advice on the best way to do that. I recently bought 2 inexpensive identical refurbs, HP6300 Pro mini towers, w/ i5-3470, 16 gb memory , 1TB HDD, Both run win-10 pro.
I'd like to link them together and use them as one workstation, or as a backup and/or file server on my home network. Any ideas? Thanks.

Apr 30, 2020
Yeah, pretty much.
Permissions as well, but File and Folder sharing is where you want to start.
Thanks, it's a place to start, and since I'm in corona isolation I have lots of time ponder and research some more. :) Stay well !!

Apr 30, 2020
It is doable (and done) but not for what you want it. So called "Distributed computing" - take a task which can be split in pieces, and each piece sent to different computing unit.
Thanks Al, that's what I thought, I used to support IBM 8100 and DPPX , and 4300 back in the 1980s and '90s (before I retired). I wasn't shooting for quite that lofty goal, I was just wondering if normal tasks could be shared between PC's, like they get split between the cores of a single CPU. I do thank you for suggestion to just use sharing and permissions to share files and devices though, it's an easy start that I hadn't thought of. :)

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS