[SOLVED] connect simultaneously two external hd to a laptop

May 4, 2020
Hello. I would like to connect simultaneously two external HD 2,5 (3.0) to a laptop that has only one USB port, in order to transfer files from the first to the second. I am not a computer expert at all, so today I tried to connect both HD to a hub (without power supply) an one of the two started making a weird sound. Thank you for your help.

Solution
Hello. I would like to connect simultaneously two external HD 2,5 (3.0) to a laptop that has only one USB port, in order to transfer files from the first to the second. I am not a computer expert at all, so today I tried to connect both HD to a hub (without power supply) an one of the two started making a weird sound. Thank you for your help.
This dock is exactly what you are looking for.
https://www.amazon.com/Sabrent-External-Duplicator-Function-EC-HD2B/dp/B0759567JT
The solution is quite easy. You plug the HDD you want the files being copied from. You copy the files on the laptop drive. You plug the HDD that you want the files to be copied TO and you move the files from your laptop drive to that plugged HDD.

You do not need to have both plugged at the same time. Use the laptop drive space to be the middle man.

May 4, 2020
Thank you Nemesia. I thought about doing so, but the idea was to make a copy of the whole first HD (1Tb) to the second one. Considering the huge amount to transfer and the few space free on my laptop (about 30 Gb) I think I have to do in another way to save time. If I buy a hub with power supply is it possible to connect both at the same time? Or if you have any other suggestions, thank you in advance.

USAFRet

Titan
This dock is exactly what you are looking for.
https://www.amazon.com/Sabrent-External-Duplicator-Function-EC-HD2B/dp/B0759567JT

Solution
May 4, 2020
Oh thank you USAFRet! Never seen it before. Eheh. Is it possible to insert my Western Digital 2.5 HDD with the case? I'd like not to open them. Thank you again.

TRENDING THREADS