Connect speakers and headphones seperately

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 6, 2018
I have headphones plugged in to the rear green port and have my speakers plugged into the rear blue port. I have the blue one configured to properly be line-out even though it is usually line-in. Currently my PC recognizes them as the same device, one that uses both the green and blue ports. Is there a way to have my PC see them as separate devices, one on the green and one on the blue? I would prefer to leave them both plugged into the back instead of plugging the headphones into the front.

Running Windows 10 with Gigabyte's Realtek audio manager

In Control Panel>Sounds and Audio Devices you should be able to see which device is set to Default and make changes to suit your system.

To find Control Panel in Windows 10, press the Windows key and R together then in the Run box, type control and hit the Enter key. Sorry if you already that but a lot of folks don't.

Mar 6, 2018

Thanks for the suggestion, but I did do this. In this panel it also shows it as just the one device instead of two separate ones. As far as I can tell it won't let me separate the jacks into different devices.

This might sound a bit over the top but I use a USB audio device that gives me a good tone for music. Everything else is through the ports round the back which is good enough for speech, system sounds and Skype calls, etc. Two cheap speakers provide that and the music comes out of surround sounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.