Connect Spectranet Cable Broadband To Wifi Router

vivekvm

Honorable
Dec 28, 2012
Hi all,

I have a spectranet cable broadband with just an ethernet cable directly connected to the pc, with static ip and username and password provided by spectranet, so i would like connect it to the wi fi router i got Teracom Type 2 (if its not possible with this router please let me know which router is preferable)...and access internet over other devices using wi-fi like Smartphone, laptop or other devices supported by wi fi...so please can any one help me this...am kinda newbie with this....thanks

Cheers

vivekvm

Honorable
Dec 28, 2012
Thanks for the reply...
i have connected the ethernet cable from spectranet to LAN 1 of the router and from LAN 2 to my PC...i am getting an internet connection to my PC...but not to configure the router...like we do it by going to 192.168.1.1...am not able to login or get into that page...so what am i doing wrong...please advice...thanks

Cheers

USAFRet

Titan

Command prompt. Ipgonfig.
The value for Default Gateway should show the router IP address.

EDIT: ipconfig.....only one "g"

vivekvm

Honorable
Dec 28, 2012
i have tried that, but no results....the browser says "unable to connect" .....i not able to add an image...or i would have added an screenshot...

Cheers

vivekvm

Honorable
Dec 28, 2012

yes, its supposed to be, but its not working, please help..have added an URL for more understanding...i have even tried 192.168.1.1 but no result..
http://

USAFRet

Titan

I suggest resetting the router back to its default settings. There should be a small hole on the back. A toothpick or paperclip to hold in the recessed button for 30 seconds, and then wait til it comes back on.

I believe this info is for that router: http://en.kioskea.net/forum/affich-311073-bsnl-broadband-wifi-setup-teracom-modem

1. Login to BSNL Teracom Wireless Modem

The default modem IP address is 192.168.1.1 and type this number on the address bar of your browser and press enter. Now you will be prompted to enter Teracom modem user name and password.

Default BSNL modem user name and password is :

User Name: admin
Password : admin

vivekvm

Honorable
Dec 28, 2012

its not working, it still says "unable to connect"...i have reset the router as you said...but still in vain.. :(

vivekvm

Honorable
Dec 28, 2012
Hi USAFRet,

I was able to get into 192.168.1.1, but for that i had to use "Obtain IP address automatically" in IPV4, but after that i cant access internet in my home pc, so now can u help me setting up the router, as i have a different set of IP address, and a user name and password to access internet..and simultaneously set an wi-fi...i have reset the setting in the router ...so its to default..so now is it possible... :)

Cheers