connect string

Hi!
I'm a newbye, and would like to know which sytaxe to use in
a batch file in order to map a drive letter towards a path
in a remote computer, with a username and password.

Thanks for any help.

Cheers,
Arr.

Lance

Start up Help & Support, search for "net use". You need to have File and
Printer Sharing up and running. Permissions need to be set up properly too.

An example of what the command would look like to mount the remote
shared folder as local drive m: is:

net use m: \\ComputerName\ShareName password /user:username /persistent:no

Lance
*****

Arruba said the following on 9/9/2004 4:34 AM:
> Hi!
> I'm a newbye, and would like to know which sytaxe to use in
> a batch file in order to map a drive letter towards a path
> in a remote computer, with a username and password.
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> Cheers,
> Arr.

Thanks Lance.

So, would that be right:

net use z: \\pcname\docs pw/user:pcname\abc /persistent:no

domain: Dom
computer name: pcname
username:ABC
password:pw
drive to map: z
shared dir: docs

But I still have a problem: nothing happens :-(

(I'm on winXP).

Cheers,
Arr.

Type "net use ?" for the syntax.

You might want to try "net use z: \\pcname\docs pw /user:Dom\ABC
/persistent:no"

-Yves