Connect Surveillance Camera to Wireless Network

GbPnOy

Honorable
Apr 3, 2013
Hey guys, I'm just wondering if anybody could help with this problem!

I have a surveillance camera (Swann ADS-100) which can connect to a TV just fine.

However, I would like to be able to access the live video from this camera from any computer on my wireless network, preferably without the need to configure/install anything on every computer which needs access (if it is indeed necessary, then I can accept that).

Any suggestions? I will provide any information that may be missing upon request.

Thanks in advance!

Solution
i think your looking for an IP Video Server, most i have seen use BNC connectors and can connect several cameras to a single IP address. and can be as small as a cell phone.

GbPnOy

Honorable
Apr 3, 2013

Indeed I do know about these, would it be much more expensive to buy some kind of adapter and hook up the current camera to this adapter? I am willing to rewire anything if necessary; we are trying to keep the current camera in place and working with what is already there.

everlost

Honorable
Mar 8, 2013
i think your looking for an IP Video Server, most i have seen use BNC connectors and can connect several cameras to a single IP address. and can be as small as a cell phone.

Solution