[SOLVED] connect these 2 pc to my modem/router

Mar 26, 2019
Good morning everyone, my internet provider provided me with a modem/router, this device came preconfigured and it only has 2 ethernet ports.
Currently the situation is best described by this picture View: https://i.imgur.com/GCsd54w.png

As you can see there is no free slot left for the second pc, in addition to this the building also has very sturdy walls that drastically lower wi-fi signals.

Considering this specific situation, what's the best solution to connect the second pc to the modem/router ?

Solution
just make sure it is gbit capable so 10/100/1000, 5 is probably the smallest number of ports and will leave you with 2 spare, a NAS or network printer etc. can then use these. They are really simple devices, plug the cable from the router into a socket (any socket) and then a cable to each of the PC's, so you'll need a couple of short network cables too (cat 5e ideally)
Mar 26, 2019
Thank you for the fast response.
Is there anything specific to keep in mind when looking for a switch ?
I have never used a switch before and i wouldn't want to buy the wrong one.

just make sure it is gbit capable so 10/100/1000, 5 is probably the smallest number of ports and will leave you with 2 spare, a NAS or network printer etc. can then use these. They are really simple devices, plug the cable from the router into a socket (any socket) and then a cable to each of the PC's, so you'll need a couple of short network cables too (cat 5e ideally)

Solution