Connect to 2 Wireless Networks, 1 static, 1 DHCP

KPrice138

Reputable
Sep 18, 2015
Hi, I recently got a new computer for work and unlike some of our other machines, it can only connect to 1 access point at a time. is there a way to add multiple connections to the same card?

For reference, I travel and do live events. while on site in an arena, we establish a control network for our gear. all internal systems have static Ip addresses. sometime though, these events can be boring and it would be nice to browse the net while sitting around but still be able to monitor my systems.

Thanks for your help,
KP

If you were to have 2 wireless cards you can manipulate the routing to make it work to a point. The main issue is there is only a single radio chip and they are not designed to provide that function. You would think it would be possible since a router can run multiple vlan even on a wireless radio.

You are pretty much at the mercy of the wireless chipset vendor. If the driver can't do it then you are out of luck....in addition microsoft does not even support a lot of feature the wireless drivers can support.