Connect two routers

Aug 14, 2018
Hi
Need a little help. I want to connect another router to my existing one. Simply to be able to turn off router b so my children are disconnected from network overnight and wireless a controls all the other devices, like mine, constantly. Obviously I'll change passwords. Is this possible and how please?

Solution
Are your childern connected wired or wirelessly? If wirelessly, you could just turn off the radios on the second router.

I have an alternate implementation. Disable wireless on your primary router and add a higher end WIFI access point like the Ubiquiti UniFI. You could then create a "guest" WIFI on the Ubiquiti that you could automate the times it is available.

kanewolf

Titan
Are your childern connected wired or wirelessly? If wirelessly, you could just turn off the radios on the second router.

I have an alternate implementation. Disable wireless on your primary router and add a higher end WIFI access point like the Ubiquiti UniFI. You could then create a "guest" WIFI on the Ubiquiti that you could automate the times it is available.

Solution