Question Connect Wired PC Headset to TV

PROHDGaming

Honorable
Nov 26, 2014
Hello Everyone, I hope you are doing well and safe!

I have a question regarding TV audio out!

I have Plantronics GameCom 780 Gaming Headset which I don't use anymore and I want to use it for the TV audio out with a wired setup (which is OK with my home setup)

Will this RCA to Female USB cable would do the Job? my TV has audio RCA out and also Digital audio out, but I guess there is no cable or converter for Toslink to USB

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07F1VJX1S?ref_=pe_623860_70668690_dpLink

Let me know if I can get this cable and it will work with PC Gaming headset as TV Headset

Cheers and Thanks
PROHDGaming

No, that cable is likely for a very specific purpose for some camcorders. You can read from the reviews others have bought it thinking the same thing as you and it did not work for them.

If that is a USB headset and only USB it won't work with a TV since it needs drivers loaded for audio, the computer sees it as a sound card for that. A TV can't load drivers the same way.

hw_user

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2010
The cables on the two links you provided are just adapter for connection because they do not contain any circuitry. Your TV RCA output is providing analog signal, so you need a headset that accepts analog signal unless you have some conversion circuitry in between. The cable with RCA male and 3.5 mm female will allow you to plug into the RCA audio out of your TV and accept the 3.5 mm male connector of most headsets. RCA audio output signal strength are very low because they are expected to connect to an amplifier. So the RCA output of TV still may not provide enough signal strength to drive the headset unless the headset has build in amplifier.