Question Connected but no network access!

imyoshi

Prominent
Oct 31, 2017
Hey guys i have BIG problem! Few days ago my internet start working, every few min internet just disconnected (Only on my PC, phone and other devices worked fine) and i need to wait about 10-15min to reconect. I had wireles stick that allows me to use wifi on my PC. So i was thinking mabye my it was soemthing wrong with it so i went buy new one. I connect that Wireles stick and install the drivers from CD and it just says that i am connected but i dont have network acces. I try to do everything. I uninstall the drivers and install them again... not worker, i try to forget the wifi network and try to log in back on same network... again not worked, i tryed some commands on "cmd" (like netsh winsock reset catalog , netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log ...) nothing worked, i updated the drive... not worked, i tryed on setting to obtain DNS/IP address automatically and weather that didnt worket... so guys please help me!!!! What can i doo to fix that!!?? Thanks to all who replyes!

• WIndows 7 -
  • Wireless N 150 High-Gain USB Adapter from D-Link -
  • Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 ti 2gb -
  • 8g RAM -
  • Amd six-core fx 6300 CPU -

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS.

What router or modem/router are you using: make and model(s).

On your PC: Double check that only one network adapter is enabled. Either wired or wireless - not both.

Power down and unplug the PC. Ensure that all internal cards, RAM, cables, connectors, are fully and firmly in place.

Who has admin rights to the router? The router's logs, if available and enabled, may provide some clue about the disconnects.

What is the exact make/model of your wireless stick? It could be a compatibility issues with drivers on Windows 10. It is a USB wireless stick? Those are very unreliable just FYI.

Have you tested the cables you are using?

Just curious, is there a reason you can't run a cable to your PC?

imyoshi

Prominent
Oct 31, 2017
So yea i cant run cable to my PC because the cable runs from other side of the house :(. Any my Wirless stick model is "Wireless N 150 High-Gain USB Adapter" from D-Link. And i only have wireless adapter not wired

So you replaced your wireless usb adapter and cant get the net one to work. I assume you killed the old one first?

Can you ping your router? Cmd.exe ping 192.168.1.1 <or whatever your subnet is>

Have you did administrator command prompt and type
"ipconfig /release"
"Ipconfig /renew"

What was your previous brand wifi usb card? If it had a similar model chipset some left over setting may be screwing with it. (Similar chipsets are rebranded across multiple vendors.)