Question Connected to the internet but Network Icon showing "No Internet Access".How to fix this glitch?

Jul 18, 2020
I've been facing this weird glitch on my new laptop which I only bought a few days ago.It only happens from time to time.The internet is connected fine but the network icon in the system tray shows "No Internet Access".How to fix this?

Ralston18

Titan
More information needed:

Wired or wireless network? Is the laptop connected directly to the router or some interim device: Wall outlet, powerline adapter, switch, access point....

If wired, have you tried another known working ethernet cable?

How many devices are on the network?

Are other network devices experiencing network connection problems?

One immediate thing you can check is to ensure that only one network adapter (either wired or wireless) is enabled.

Not both adapters at the same time.

Look in Reliability History on the laptop. There may be some error codes or warnings being captured with respect to the loss of internet access.

Jul 18, 2020
More information needed:

Wired or wireless network? Is the laptop connected directly to the router or some interim device: Wall outlet, powerline adapter, switch, access point....

If wired, have you tried another known working ethernet cable?

How many devices are on the network?

Are other network devices experiencing network connection problems?

One immediate thing you can check is to ensure that only one network adapter (either wired or wireless) is enabled.

Not both adapters at the same time.

Look in Reliability History on the laptop. There may be some error codes or warnings being captured with respect to the loss of internet access.

Wireless network.

Ralston18

Titan
Need to get more details in order to troubleshoot further....

From the Command Prompt:

Run and post the results of "ipconfig /all".

Run and post the results of "arp -a".

Remember that you do not actually use the quote marks with the commands.