Connecting 1366x768 laptop to 24” 1080 monitor

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
the resolution of the laptop monitor has nothing to do with the capability of the gpu in the laptop. it is capable of more than the screen the laptop came with.

it will output 1080p no problem, however it will not game well or anything like that. hook it up and set the resolution in windows like normal and it'll be fine for basic uses.

again though, just because it can output 1080p does not mean it will game at 1080p!!

if you use both monitors at once, then each can have separate resolutions as well. the settings do not change because it is a laptop. you can still mirror or extend the desktop and so on

Jun 8, 2020
@Math Geek no, I’m not planning to gaming and I’m going out my town to study but the screen of my laptop is too small so I want to bring my monitor with me. I’m just going to use the laptop as desktop and only look at the 24” monitor. How do I do it?

Last edited:

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
the laptop has an hdmi output. so you plug an hdmi cable into that port and the other end to your monitor and then turn it on

pretty much like how you'd plug any monitor into any pc. for win 10, you can set the output type with the windows key + p
then select entend or duplicate and your off and running

Jun 8, 2020
@Math Geek before I buy the cable, just to be sure, the laptop only support up to 1366x768 in the settings. But I can make the connected 24” monitor to 1080p AND enlarge the text/icon too right?

btw I’m using win 8.1

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
right, the setting is limited because that is all the monitor can do.

connect to a better monitor that is within the capability of the gpu and it will allow those settings to happen. you should have no issue with normal settings from the external monitor at all.

Reactions: Skyvp