Connecting 2 gpus p55ud3 motherboard.

Yuvalco809

Commendable
Sep 6, 2016
hi, i am looking to connect 2 gpus into my motherboard, how do i connect the second gpu? is it possible with the p55ud3 , i think it is but not 100% sure,in the gpu specs i need pci x16 slot.
in the motherboard specs (http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=...) it says 1 pci 16 slot for expansion but says its supports Multi-Graphics Technology. tried to connect my gpu to the other slot and it worked, at the moment i have only 1 gpu, so cant really test it.
also how can i know if my psu will support it in terms of power? , its 750w , got 4890 ati card planing on adding r3 250 ati card, and has i5 750 cpu.
and one last thing how exactly i plug in the second gpu into the psu?
(i am adding another card without Crossfire just for the purpose of connecting 3 monitors setup)
thanks in advance and sorry for my english.

Solution

Yeah, I highly doubt that card will have a power connector because it is not meant for heavy load applications. Mostly just to get video to CPUs who don't have integrated video and offer more monitor support. So it should just be as easy as plugging the new GPU into the other PCIE slot on your motherboard and then making sure you have drivers for it installed and it should work.

clifford64

Honorable
May 18, 2014
In theory, all you need to do is connect the the second gpu into the other PCIE slot (the other long blue slot) and then plug in the power connector if needed. It may not need a power connector because the PCIE specifications state that GPUs can use up to 75w from the socket. The r7 250 card (I think r3 250 was a typo and you meant the r7 250, otherwise I don't know of such a card) uses 65w, so it may not have a power connector. If it does have a power connector, then you have to find another PCIE power connector on your power supply and plug it in to the card. If you PSU only has one of those connectors, then you will need to upgrade your PSU to get more connectors.

clifford64

Honorable
May 18, 2014

Yeah, I highly doubt that card will have a power connector because it is not meant for heavy load applications. Mostly just to get video to CPUs who don't have integrated video and offer more monitor support. So it should just be as easy as plugging the new GPU into the other PCIE slot on your motherboard and then making sure you have drivers for it installed and it should work.

Solution