Question Connecting 2 routers

Feb 6, 2024
I live in a concrete room and my router is on the other room, so i don't have a good wifi reception, but i have the 2 rooms wire connected with a Switch.
I once had some kinda of a smaller secondary router in my room that was wired to the main router, but gave me a different hotspot on the same network. Now I don't have this device anymore and i want to buy a new one.

What is the best solution for a good wifi reception in my concrete room?

Feb 6, 2024
Yeah no problem but then will i need to set up the secondary router somehow or i just connect it and automatically I'll have a secondary hotspot?

lantis3

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2015
Of course you need to setup. Set a static LAN IP, use same IP range as main router, but different IP address.

Same or different SSID as main router.

You don't need a fancy router that has a lot of features unless you want to replace the main router. All fancy features will be disabled when a router running in AP mode, no matter what brand/model.

Last edited:
Reactions: mushonez
Feb 6, 2024
Of course you need to setup. Set a static LAN IP, use same IP range as main router, but different IP address.

Same or different SSID as main router.

You don't need a fancy router that has a lot of features unless you want to replace the main router. All fancy features will be disabled when a router running in AP mode, no matter what brand/model.
Thanks alot. Much appreciated