Connecting 2560x1440 monitor with dual dvi-d to Inspiron 660 with hdmi

pishposh59

Reputable
Nov 30, 2014
I was wondering if anyone knew if I could connect my new Qnix 2560x1440 monitor that uses a dual dvi hookup to my Inspiron 660 that uses an hdmi cable. Dell tech support said a could use an adapter
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0013TWOHO/ref=pe_385040_127541850_TE_item
I thought I would need a new graphics card and possibly a bigger power supply to use it at full resolution. My machine uses a Intel HD Graphics 2500 Dynamic Video Memory Technology 5.0 with a 300w power supply.

Solution
The Dual Link adapter may work, check with the monitor support people to make sure.

Depending on what you will be using the system for, you may need to upgrade the video card. If for games and you want to play at over Low settings you will need to get a mid-range video card which means a power supply upgrade. Looking at about a $250 uprade cost.
The Dual Link adapter may work, check with the monitor support people to make sure.

Depending on what you will be using the system for, you may need to upgrade the video card. If for games and you want to play at over Low settings you will need to get a mid-range video card which means a power supply upgrade. Looking at about a $250 uprade cost.

Solution

pishposh59

Reputable
Nov 30, 2014
I would LOVE to check with the monitor support people, but I don't speak Korean. I have a Qnix. I bought a dvi-d to hdmi adapter. I hooked it up, but it only displays single color ever changing screens. So I left it plugged in and rehooked up my old monitor. The computer recognized that I have two monitors on, but the new one won't work. (I don't want two monitors hooked up, I was just using this to try and find a way to get the new one to work. Any ideas would be much appreciated!