Question Connecting 2nd monitor to laptop

pillowdo

Prominent
Jan 28, 2019
I got a covert from USB to HDMI cable and then used an HDMI male / male and it didn't work, do I have to use the USB-C slot to support the 2nd display or is it a different issue?
so I'd have to buy the C-type to HDMI...

or is it a software issue?

LAPTOP MODEL: HP Spcture x360 Convertible MOdel 13-ae002nx

Lutfij

Titan
Mind sharing the make and model/link to the USB Type-C adapter? You're able to get video out of the Type-C port but it has to be a Type-C to DP output and then an active HDMI adapter to connect said adapter to the DP end.

Make and model of your display?

pillowdo

Prominent
Jan 28, 2019
Mind sharing the make and model/link to the USB Type-C adapter? You're able to get video out of the Type-C port but it has to be a Type-C to DP output and then an active HDMI adapter to connect said adapter to the DP end.

Make and model of your display?

sorry, I wrote my original post in a hurry and got some things wrong.

I'm trying to connect my laptop into this 2nd monitor that I've got recently, I noticed that this laptop doesn't have an HDMI port, but instead a regular USB port and a Type-C port, I tried getting a Regular USB to HDMI Adapter then connected that with an HDMI cable but it didn't work.

so I'm wondering maybe the Regular USB slot doesn't support side monitors to begin with but instead, the Type-C does (just guessing), and if so, should I get a Type-C to HDMI Adapter? or is it just some simple software issue?

I'll post my 2nd monitor after an hour,

Last edited: