[SOLVED] Connecting 2x8 Pin CPU plugs from PSU to 8 pin and 4 pin CPU power plugs

Circular_1

Reputable
Nov 2, 2016
I have 220-T2-0750-X1 PSU and will be buying ROG Strix X570-E Gaming Motherboard for CPU upgrade, do I need an 8 pin to 4 pin adapter for the 4 pins on the motherboard or do I just need a cable that split the 8 pins to 2 x 4pins?

Solution
Where are you getting these cables if you lost all of them? Modular power cables are not universal on the side that connects to the PSU. If you use a modular power cable that isn't designed for your exact PSU, you may become the owner of a pile of scrap metal rather than a PC.

Circular_1

Reputable
Nov 2, 2016
The 4 pin is optional. It works perfect with only the 4+4 (8) pin. But your PSU came with two 4+4 pin EPS cables so what's the problem?
I lost all the cable that comes with it. I thought I will need more cables and adapters when I saw the layout of the motherboard. Will overclocking Ryzen 3700X with one 4+4 (8) pin causes the motherboard to malfunction? Will it even boot with one 4+4 (8) pin?

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Where are you getting these cables if you lost all of them? Modular power cables are not universal on the side that connects to the PSU. If you use a modular power cable that isn't designed for your exact PSU, you may become the owner of a pile of scrap metal rather than a PC.

Solution

Circular_1

Reputable
Nov 2, 2016
I am currently trying to get this Amazon.com: CableMod E-Series Classic ModMesh Sleeved Cable Kit for EVGA G5 / G3 / G2 / P2 / T2 (Black + White) : Electronics so it fits with what cables I have so far. The EVGA store cables on their official website are sold out, hence I have those questions.