[SOLVED] connecting 3 x 4k monitors on dual graphic cards?

Jan 15, 2020
Hello everyone,
I m working on a new setup for my workstation where I want to expand to three monitors.
I already have LGUK650w (3840x2160) and I want to add two more the same, so three total.

I have gtx1080ti (2xhdmi 2xDp 1xDvi) + gtx1060(1xHdmi 1xDp 1xDvi)
Monitors should be connected to Dp. So the question is can I connect two monitors on one graphic card and third monitor on a second graphic card?

On both cards, the max resolution is 7680 x 4320. On 3 x 4k monitor resolution will be 11520x2160, so if they are connected on different cards does that affect the resolution, I m a bit confused about that part, simply can that connection work keeping all three monitors in 4k?

Thank you All! :)

Last edited:
Solution
Yeah you can technically make this work, as long as you're running Windows 10 it should work. But it won't be helpful for any gaming or 3D applications, and the second card won't be doing any work, really. Kind of a weird setup, but if you just want desktop real estate then it'll be ok.

What are you planning on using them for?

bsgeibel

Reputable
Jan 29, 2020
Yeah you can technically make this work, as long as you're running Windows 10 it should work. But it won't be helpful for any gaming or 3D applications, and the second card won't be doing any work, really. Kind of a weird setup, but if you just want desktop real estate then it'll be ok.

What are you planning on using them for?

Solution