Question Connecting 3x fans on single motherboard header

Arun05

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2013
Is it fine to connect 3 X SP120MM corsair fan I believe it is 12V DC 0.3A on a single motherboard header using a fan splitter cable on my Z270 ROG Strix G Gaming motherboard because I have only 2 Fan headers it's a small motherboard and i have 3 fans on my Corsair 460x RGB case and also planning to add one more exhaust

Also I have a corsair gtx100 v2 as per the manual should I connect the pump to the cpu header on the motherboard and connect cpu fans to the pump's built in fan splitters like things

or should I connect the 2 radiator fans on cpu and cpu opt header and connect the pump to the pump header and leave the 2 fan splitter like thing that comes off the pump hanging around?

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Also I have a corsair gtx100 v2 as per the manual should I connect the pump to the cpu header on the motherboard and connect cpu fans to the pump's built in fan splitters like things
Yes.

or should I connect the 2 radiator fans on cpu and cpu opt header and connect the pump to the pump header and leave the 2 fan splitter like thing that comes off the pump hanging around?
No

The fans themselves can be plugged to the motherboard's headers or a PWM fan hub(something like that made by Phanteks) or a 3 fan splitter but I know that the max for each fan header is 1A but that number will be higher or lower depending on your motherboard. To reiterate, 3 fan splitter for the fans RPM control(though a hub would be preferable and worry free) while the RGB cables go into the dock.

Speaking of your motherboard, you didn't mention what the model for the board exactly is since there are 5 boards with that ROG Strix designation, -E, -F, -G, -H, -I...?

Arun05

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2013
Yes.

No

The fans themselves can be plugged to the motherboard's headers or a PWM fan hub(something like that made by Phanteks) or a 3 fan splitter but I know that the max for each fan header is 1A but that number will be higher or lower depending on your motherboard. To reiterate, 3 fan splitter for the fans RPM control(though a hub would be preferable and worry free) while the RGB cables go into the dock.

Speaking of your motherboard, you didn't mention what the model for the board exactly is since there are 5 boards with that ROG Strix designation, -E, -F, -G, -H, -I...?
Sorry i edited it now its Z270 ROG Strix "G" Gaming
i have already ordered a very cheap 1-3 fan splitter cable from amazon.in, but im not sure if we can control the fan speed(all 2 at once)
Because I can't find any fan hub that is close to as cheap as the splitter cables(300.INR for the cable and the hub are usually 1000-3000.INR)
About the cooler does that Mean I can never control my fan and pump speed individually and the pump header in my mobo is useless?

Arun05

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2013
Yes.

No

what happens if i connect my fans on cpu and cpu opt fan header and pump on pump header and leave the built in fan cables from the pump not connected to anything? Is it bad? How to use my CPU and CPU opt and Pump header on my Asus ROG Strix Z270 G Gaming motherboard?

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS