[SOLVED] Connecting 5.1 speakers to PC

Lucrin

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2009
I am looking at getting the Klipsch Reference Theater Pack 5.1 speakers for my computer but I can't seem to find clear information anywhere on how to connect them to a PC. I have a Sound Blastor Z soundcard in my computer. My question is do I need a separate receiver to connect these speakers, or would I be able to connect them directly to my sound card? If I do have to have a receiver, does anyone have recommendations? I really hate to have to get a receiver just to connect these speakers to my computer so I am hoping I don't need it. Thanks!

Solution
Yes, you'll need a receiver or amp. Those are unpowered speakers, and need something to drive them.
The PC or soundcard can't do it alone.

Lucrin

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2009
I am looking at getting the Klipsch Reference Theater Pack 5.1 speakers for my computer but I can't seem to find clear information anywhere on how to connect them to a PC. I have a Sound Blastor Z soundcard in my computer. My question is do I need a separate receiver to connect these speakers, or would I be able to connect them directly to my sound card? If I do have to have a receiver, does anyone have recommendations? I really hate to have to get a receiver just to connect these speakers to my computer so I am hoping I don't need it. Thanks!