Question Connecting a Cooler Master H500M to an MSI motherboard

gravef1ghter

Reputable
Mar 4, 2017
Hey guys,

I'm a little confused here, maybe I bought the wrong MB, dunno. But my Cooler Master H500M has a three pin RGB connector for the front fans but my mobo (MSI B450 Thomahawk) does not have a three pin RGB header. It has two four-pin RGB headers. Am I missing something here? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

gravef1ghter

Reputable
Mar 4, 2017
And it does. I have the two fans connected to a three-way splitter connected to SYS_FAN2. The RGB leads are connected to the included case controller. Mobo doesn't see them though so I'm assuming they're running at 100% with just voltage going to them? Also, Cooler Master RGB software doesn't see them but I can control the RGB via the Reset switch connected to the controller.

Wow, what a PITA man, lol. I should've gone without all this bling and just bought more computer!

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2019
Yes, they are just running at 100%. There must be a way to make it work like it should. Maybe it has to do something with the bios of the mobo, i don't really know to much about that, keep searching man, there must be a way to make it work haha, hope you can get it fix.