Question Connecting a Cooler Master MF120R ARGB fan

Dec 24, 2019
Please watch the language
Hi, I’m in the proces of mounting Four of these bad boys in my system, but is is my first time messing around with RGB headers and my unwillingness to Removed something up causes the questions to arise:

I have a Gigabyte Aorus Elite B450 motherboard and I have a kit of three Cooler Master Masterfans MF 120R (in a kit) with a controller, and a fourth loose one.

My end goal is to get these connected and synced with the lighting on the motherboard, and so my questions are:

The fan controller supports pass through with Gigabyte’s RGB fusion. It comes with the a three pin connector (as wide as Four pins but one with one of them blanked out)

There are two matching headers named V DG on the motherboard with jumpers enabling you to chose between 5 and 12 volts.

Question one

- can I connect the controller to the V DG header directly and expect it to sync up - and do I set it to 5V or 12 V?

Question two

- Can I connect the fourth fan directly to the second V DG header and do I set it to 5 or 12 V?

I should mention, that my wife three away the documentation by mistake, which would probably have made my life a fair bit easier.

Last edited by a moderator:

TRENDING THREADS