Question Connecting a focusrite sound card to old stereo speakers

SpyroBot

Prominent
Feb 12, 2019
Hey there,

I was wondering if I could connect a pair of Radiotehnika S-30 speakers to my Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd Gen sound card? The speakers have 2 wires each so I'm a little confused. Would I be able to use them on it? Thanks.

Radiotehnika,,, You're bringing memories...

Those are passive speakers, you'll need a stereo amplifier (anything fom $40 to $1000) between "Line output" of the audio interface and speakers.

But I'd find a way to test these speakers before spending any money on equipment.

Reactions: Phillip Corcoran

SpyroBot

Prominent
Feb 12, 2019
Radiotehnika,,, You're bringing memories...

Those are passive speakers, you'll need a stereo amplifier (anything fom $40 to $1000) between "Line output" of the audio interface and speakers.

But I'd find a way to test these speakers before spending any money on equipment.
Would an active subwoofer with speaker inputs work as an amp for them aswell? And I already tested them with a CD player, worked wonders!

SpyroBot

Prominent
Feb 12, 2019
Correct. On the back you see that it says "line out". That is a signal that is intended to be fed into an amplifier and then to passive speakers. If you had powered speakers you could connect to the line in. But not passive speakers like the S-30.
Ah alright thank you

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS