Question Connecting a Marantz AVR to Samsung Soundbar

May 19, 2020
Hello! We just recently purchased a Marantz SR8012 AVR and a Samsung HW-Q90r soundbar. We’re running it through an LG OLED TV. I’m not convinced that I can run the AVR and the soundbar together since the HW-Q90r is a self-powered, all-in-one system. What I’m trying to do is run my devices (Apple TV) through the receiver, and outputting them through the soundbar and speakers. There isn’t an audio output for HDMI that I can see other than: Monitor 1, Monitor 2, and Zone 2. What can I do to get visual to the TV and audio through the soundbar?

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Can you get sound to the TV speakers from AVR? Check AVR on screen menu for more audio settings, ie TV audio or audio pass through or similar.

Is your setup is like this?

Apple TV -> AVR HDMI in -> AVR HDMI out (monitor 1 or 2) -> Soundbar HDMI in -> Soundbar HDMI out -> TV HDMI in.

May 19, 2020
After all the different configurations, that setup is where I ended up. I do get video with this setup, but no audio. I messed around with the TV audio settings 'Audio Out' trying to play audio through HDMI ARC, and going even further and doing the pass through option, and still no audio. Now, when the AVR is turned OFF, I get audio through either the TV Speakers, or through the soundbar itself by selecting the HDMI ARC on the TV settings. I've got to be honest, the Marantz UI isn't the most user friendly for a first time AVR owner. I would have little idea on which settings to play around with to try and get audio. I've grazed over the manual quite a few times, and that hasn't seemed to help me.

TRENDING THREADS