[SOLVED] Connecting a Monitor to an All-In-One PC Using USB

Crag_Hack

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2015
Hi I have a quick question - I would like to connect an external monitor to an all-in-one PC. The PC only has USB ports no USB-C or HDMI. Is the best way to do this via a USB to HDMI adapter? Anything else to know? I couldn't find any monitors with USB inputs for the display connection from the computer. Also out of curiosity would it be possible to hook up a USB-C monitor using a USB 3.0 A hub that provides USB-C ports or to use a USB 3.0 A to USB-C adapter? Thanks!

Solution
Yes you can use an USB to VGA adapter, it comes with the necessary drivers.

Once the USB port worked, you can use other adapter to convert it to USB-C (I didn't try this so I can't say about image quality or other things).
Yes you can use an USB to VGA adapter, it comes with the necessary drivers.

Once the USB port worked, you can use other adapter to convert it to USB-C (I didn't try this so I can't say about image quality or other things).

Solution

Crag_Hack

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2015
Thanks lvt I'll look into it further. Also don't understand you 100% on the second issue. Are you saying hooking up a USB-C monitor to a USB 3.0 port on a hub or using an adapter should work but might not have the bandwidth to support full image quality?

TRENDING THREADS