Connecting a network card

Oct 4, 2018
I have had to change my router. It has a 192.168.0 series. My old Kyocera printer has a non-Kyocera network card which identifies as "HBM LAN Printer Interface" From "1992-1997 International Technology Consultants"
On its TCP/IP page I have altered the existing 192.168.1.4 to ***0.4 and the Subnet Mask from 255.255.255.0 to ***.254 But when I click on "send settings" it immediately reverts to the old number set.
The printer did show as being "Awake" at the time.
Any suggestions as to how I can get the printer back onto the network, please?
John

Oct 4, 2018
I'll have another go at setting it up via the router but due to the difficulty I now have it plugged directly into a Win7 laptop which is running on the ***.1. series and was able to communicate with the card. I wasn't previously able to communicate with the card through my main computer & the new router (a tp-link AC1750 in case it is relevant)

Oct 4, 2018
Before I reconnect the printer, and while I can still see the card, I see there is a box on the card's TCP/IP page "Auto IP address" which I have tried ticking, but again after sending the settings that unticks itself. I thought that might be needed for the new IP to be assigned by the router...

Oct 4, 2018

Not terribly keen on that last suggestion since the computer would have to be changed too !

Oct 4, 2018
Doh!! I'm an idiot. I have changed router, computer & 2nd printer to the ***.1.*** series and everything is back to normal.
Sorry to all, I thought the router's IP was fixed.
Problem solved :)
John

I assume you've done this because the other devices on your network do the same? The subnet mask and the first three octets (192.168.0) of the IP address have to match.