Connecting Access Points

jimmydfi

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2008
This is what I have:

( Home 700 ft wireless Office
modem----router------ENH202 wireless bridge---------------------Enh202 bridge---computer
/ \
/ \
computer computer

This is what I am thinking to do:

Home 700 ft wireless Office
modem----router------ENH202 wireless bridge---------------------Enh202 bridge---switch----computer
/ \ / \ \
/ \ / \ \
computer computer 3 Access points )

What I have is 3 barns that I need to have wireless connection to for my tablet. I would run Ethernet to each of the barns from the switch and attach an access point there. Would this work or does anybody have any other ideas for this? The barns are all about 100 ft in length with the access points being somewhere in the middle of each. I am only wanting to use the tablet to remotely control the computer in the office. I would attach a picture if I knew how. I hope this makes sense. Thanks for all your input. Edit: After posting this I noticed that the forward and back slashes did not stay where they should have. They should be (under router and above computer and under switch and above 3 access points)

Solution
Your setup should be an ethernet based solution - modem to the router. All access points should be wired to the router via ethernet. The access points can be a generic access point or a router setup to be an access point. Due to having 3 switches, plus several computers it looks like, I would suggest putting a switch off the main router to support all of the devices. If you can get by with using a powerline adapter to go to the remote computer instead of using a wireless bridge - performance would be greatly improved.

You want to use a wired connection whenever possible - for the tablets - you need the access points (your main router is also an access point).
Your setup should be an ethernet based solution - modem to the router. All access points should be wired to the router via ethernet. The access points can be a generic access point or a router setup to be an access point. Due to having 3 switches, plus several computers it looks like, I would suggest putting a switch off the main router to support all of the devices. If you can get by with using a powerline adapter to go to the remote computer instead of using a wireless bridge - performance would be greatly improved.

You want to use a wired connection whenever possible - for the tablets - you need the access points (your main router is also an access point).

Solution

TRENDING THREADS