Connecting Computer to 2 networks

Jul 13, 2018
I have a Windows 10 computer I am using as a DVR for security cameras on a separate from my domain. I would like to access this DVR computer from my domain network. What is the best way to do this? Can I put the DVR on the Domain Network while still keeping the 2 networks segregated?

Solution
a layer3 switch for vlans or a router with vlans and two switches would do it. You could only pass traffic from a specific ip/mac address from one subnet to the other.

If they are saving files to a share you can have everything on one network and set up usernames/pw for the share. ip cams should be configured to only send to the file server or if it's hardware capture then it's good.

There are a few ways to do it. nesting routers isn't a great one if that's what you have now.
a layer3 switch for vlans or a router with vlans and two switches would do it. You could only pass traffic from a specific ip/mac address from one subnet to the other.

If they are saving files to a share you can have everything on one network and set up usernames/pw for the share. ip cams should be configured to only send to the file server or if it's hardware capture then it's good.

There are a few ways to do it. nesting routers isn't a great one if that's what you have now.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS