Connecting Desktop Hard disk to USB using converter cable

Hrishikesh_21

Reputable
Nov 27, 2015
Solution
They are actually 5.25", but that's being "picky" I guess.

They were first manufactured by Seagate in 1980 mainly for large data-centres but rarely found today, though there was some talk about them making a comeback.

Connectivity was the then standard IDE-PATA (which was the universal connectivity standard when they were manufactured, SATA didn't exist).

I don't believe any HDD company is manufacturing them today owing to lack of demand. They are obsolete, although the 5.25" form-factor itself is very much alive and kicking in the form of internal optical disc drives and internal card readers etc.
They are actually 5.25", but that's being "picky" I guess.

They were first manufactured by Seagate in 1980 mainly for large data-centres but rarely found today, though there was some talk about them making a comeback.

Connectivity was the then standard IDE-PATA (which was the universal connectivity standard when they were manufactured, SATA didn't exist).

I don't believe any HDD company is manufacturing them today owing to lack of demand. They are obsolete, although the 5.25" form-factor itself is very much alive and kicking in the form of internal optical disc drives and internal card readers etc.

Solution