Question Connecting Dish Receiver to PC

yusufhamdan2012

Reputable
Jan 2, 2019
I am trying to connect the receiver in the attached photo to my PC. My monitor is Samsung CFG73 and while the receiver is connected to the monitor through HDMI, I can see video but the audio port on the monitor seems to be broken, so it's not providing any output.

Is there a way I can connect this receiver to my PC instead and the audio/video would come through a software like Media Player Classic?

You would need a device that allows hdmi input, like an elgato device, there are cheap chinese ones on ebay but you are on your own there for if these are worth it or not.

You should double check your monitor with a different cable and device to make sure that the monitor is the problem and not something else.
Also the AV audio output might still work while hdmi being connected so if you have an old hi-fi, TV or something you could check out if that works.
Also also maybe look into the settings of the receiver to se if it has audio out options.

yusufhamdan2012

Reputable
Jan 2, 2019
You would need a device that allows hdmi input, like an elgato device, there are cheap chinese ones on ebay but you are on your own there for if these are worth it or not.

You should double check your monitor with a different cable and device to make sure that the monitor is the problem and not something else.
Also the AV audio output might still work while hdmi being connected so if you have an old hi-fi, TV or something you could check out if that works.
Also also maybe look into the settings of the receiver to se if it has audio out options.
Thank you, I tried using another HDMI cable, same thing no audio is coming out. Settings for the receiver are not showing any specific output options. When connecting to TV on the same cable, everything is working fine.
Unfortunately no old hifi.
Do you recommend the devices on eBay for the price?

Thank you, I tried using another HDMI cable, same thing no audio is coming out. Settings for the receiver are not showing any specific output options. When connecting to TV on the same cable, everything is working fine.
Unfortunately no old hifi.
Do you recommend the devices on eBay for the price?

Are you sure that monitor has built in speakers? According to a bunch of other posts they don't.