[SOLVED] Connecting Fans to PSU

Jun 14, 2020
Hi, so I have 3 case fans and a CPU fan. However, my motherboard only has 2 system fan headers while the CPU fan header is used by the cpu cooler. I have connected the rear case fan to one of the system fan ports but the other 2 case fans I connected them to the PSU via molex. I know that there is an option of choosing a fan hub, but if I were to leave the 2 fans connected to the PSU, will it pose a problem to the other or will the fans alone just be less durable? Thank you.

Solution
D
If you leave the fans connected to the PSU, they will not be a problem to the other fans, they will run just like any fan, but at max speed because the PSU just sends a constant voltage to the fans instead of the fan ramping up in speed with heat.

And no, durability isn't an issue. Those fans will probably get replaced, or you'll get a new build entirely, before they even begin to die.
D

Deleted member 2720853

If you leave the fans connected to the PSU, they will not be a problem to the other fans, they will run just like any fan, but at max speed because the PSU just sends a constant voltage to the fans instead of the fan ramping up in speed with heat.

And no, durability isn't an issue. Those fans will probably get replaced, or you'll get a new build entirely, before they even begin to die.

Solution