Question connecting gaming pc to 7.1 surround, mobo vs reciever + which cables

Jun 3, 2019
Hey guys- I'm trying to find the best setup to do pc display port to monitor with 7.1 surround WITHOUT having to turn on the projector. My setup first!

So I have:
-denon AVR-S740
-msi z390 gaming edge ac with line out port
-klipsch R-100SW (subwoofer)
-7 klipsch speakers (no tall boys or whatever they are called, all in wall i think called satellite units)
-optoma something or whatever, i can generally get it to do what i need
-RTX 2080 GPU (DP to monitor HDMI to Reciever = surround wroks with atmos (all options actually) but projector NEEDS to be on- i wanna avoid this obvs)

So rtx 2080 dp to monitor hdmi to reciever is my least favorite option. Help me choose oone of these or come up with something better (i've refused help up to here, and i finally realized i need input from people rather than another 2 days of just switching everything)

1.) I can do s/pdif from the mobo to the reciever, the I use a left Audio Cable to the LFE (also the left of the two ports) on the sub. Im convinced im losing quality here, and no surround support is listed in windows, yet all 8 speakers work this way

2.) im scared to try line out of mobo to sub, but i do have an 850W psu, im assuming this is a terrible idea (i would simply use the s/pdif or hdmi if we can figure out how to keep projector off)

3.)***Somehow do HDMI from GPU (or anywhere) to reciever and not need to power the projector (ideal!! for sound and ease, but cant figure it out)

4.) just deal with the spaghetti i got going on now. But im at the point where I'll plug in an hdmi to my monitor and instead my nintendo switch starts my car (exaggerating)

what is best quality in terms of wiring too...assuming hdmi -> denon -> LFE but i hate burning my bulb. I have line out converters...digital to analog converters (assuming worst possible option), just dont know what to do.

Lastly, I have usb-c cables and the all in one connectors...would the usb-c port on the rtx 2080 be useful somehow?

Thanks in advance,

Jun 3, 2019
also, srsly dumb question, but i have two jl 10"W3 subs and a 2000w amp, is there any way i can use those in my theater? i got a new car and these are just sitting here. My guess would be it would start a fire...but if theres a way that might be a lot more bang for the buck, and I can use the klipsch as an R/L sub to the upstairs speakers