Question Connecting HDTV to PC with HDMI

Light Speed

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2014
Monitor: Vizio E320VT (2nd monitor working perfectly)
GPU: GTX 1060 6GB

Image is awful, almost like my GPU has no drivers. Resolution and color is perfect, it is just the pixels that are giving me a problem. Have tried editing name on tv settings from "HDMI 1" to "PC" to no avail.
I have scoured many threads for answers to no avail, although other people with an identical problem have solved it !!
help <3

spencer.cleaves2

Upstanding
Jan 5, 2019
Well after doing a quick google search of the specs on your TV that you are trying to use, I found out that the resolution for the TV seems to be 1366 x 768 (720p). It has a 60Hz refresh rate and a 5ms response time. With that information, I can only assume that your resolution looks blurry because of the quality of the TV unfortunately. Generally I don't recommend using a TV as a monitor unless its just for multimedia because they aren't really meant for it and the performance specs aren't up to par with a good monitor. Thats why if you want a 27" 1920x1080 144Hz monitor, you would be paying the same price as a 43 inch 1920x1080 TV. There is a reason that the monitor that is 27inches is the same price as a 43 inch TV. So unfortunately that is probably the best you will be able to get from that TV. Sorry I couldn't help you out more.

Light Speed

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2014
Well after doing a quick google search of the specs on your TV that you are trying to use, I found out that the resolution for the TV seems to be 1366 x 768 (720p). It has a 60Hz refresh rate and a 5ms response time. With that information, I can only assume that your resolution looks blurry because of the quality of the TV unfortunately. Generally I don't recommend using a TV as a monitor unless its just for multimedia because they aren't really meant for it and the performance specs aren't up to par with a good monitor. Thats why if you want a 27" 1920x1080 144Hz monitor, you would be paying the same price as a 43 inch 1920x1080 TV. There is a reason that the monitor that is 27inches is the same price as a 43 inch TV. So unfortunately that is probably the best you will be able to get from that TV. Sorry I couldn't help you out more.
People with identical problems solved this and they mentioned the Monitor size to TV size in the thread

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS