Question connecting headphones to a monitor with no headphone jack?

Aug 1, 2019
i just got a monitor with VGA and HDMI ports but no audio jack, is there any way I can connect headphones to it? sorry if it's a stupid question, I'm new to PC building with no experience and I haven't built my PC yet.

bardos

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2007
If the monitor itself has speakers then there is a way... by opening the monitor and splicing into the existing cables that go to said speakers and purchasing a jack which you would solder the wires to, and if you are up to that task, then it's a simple matter of drilling a hole in the plastic case to attach the jack and make it all look professional.

However, lacking speakers and any sound path in your monitor, you are SOL

Aug 1, 2019
If the monitor itself has speakers then there is a way... by opening the monitor and splicing into the existing cables that go to said speakers and purchasing a jack which you would solder the wires to, and if you are up to that task, then it's a simple matter of drilling a hole in the plastic case to attach the jack and make it all look professional.

However, lacking speakers and any sound path in your monitor, you are SOL

if I were to do that I'd break the monitor for sure, given my luck and skill. thank you, though!!