Question Connecting house to granny flat setup

ravndal15

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2012
Hello guys.

Bit of a question or confirmation regarding setting up internet for a granny flat with a connection to the main house . Simply put I wish to connect the house via ethernet cable to the granny flat. From there I will install this product

https://www.pccasegear.com/products...-ax3000-whole-home-mesh-wifi-6-gateway-system

Then I wish to split the connection 2 ways through the walls to one data point in the loungeroom and the other in the bedroom for pc. This product will work perfectly for this correct guys ? . It has 3 ethernet ports so I use 1 ethernet slot from the house then the remaining to slots for splitting a connection to loungeroom and bedroom ? Also acknowledging this product gives out a wi fi signal ?

Thanks in advance . If this setup looks good and efficient let me know ? If you guys have any other ideas please let me know also . Cheers :)

kanewolf

Titan
Hello guys.

Bit of a question or confirmation regarding setting up internet for a granny flat with a connection to the main house . Simply put I wish to connect the house via ethernet cable to the granny flat. From there I will install this product

https://www.pccasegear.com/products...-ax3000-whole-home-mesh-wifi-6-gateway-system

Then I wish to split the connection 2 ways through the walls to one data point in the loungeroom and the other in the bedroom for pc. This product will work perfectly for this correct guys ? . It has 3 ethernet ports so I use 1 ethernet slot from the house then the remaining to slots for splitting a connection to loungeroom and bedroom ? Also acknowledging this product gives out a wi fi signal ?

Thanks in advance . If this setup looks good and efficient let me know ? If you guys have any other ideas please let me know also . Cheers :)
That device has celllular capabilities, that you would be paying for but not using. There are lots of other routers that would be a better choice. Almost any Asus RT-AX router for example.