[SOLVED] Connecting laptop with monitor with HDMI

evilrid1

Honorable
Feb 7, 2017
Hello, i just got a HDMI cable to connect my laptop with a monitor(Benq XL2720 zowie), and i just found out that my laptop HDMI port is 1.4b and the cable is 2.0.
So now when i connect the laptop with the monitor i see that my laptop doesn't recognize my screen.
So my question is does the HDMI cable version and laptop HDMI input port version need to be the same in order my laptop to recognize the screen?

Solution
I just had a similar issue that took me a while to fix. I'll start with the ridiculously obvious and go from there.

• Make sure the monitor is on (Trust me, I've done it.)
  • Make sure the monitor is on the right input (Make sure it's on HDMI vs. Display Port, DVI, etc.)
  • Restart laptop
  • Unplug the power cable (Connected to the monitor) and re-plug it in (There could have been a Windows error setting it up)
  • Make sure the cable is not faulty
  • Make sure the driver is functioning in Device Manager
Start with that and hopefully that helps.

ravenscout

Commendable
Nov 21, 2017
I just had a similar issue that took me a while to fix. I'll start with the ridiculously obvious and go from there.

• Make sure the monitor is on (Trust me, I've done it.)
  • Make sure the monitor is on the right input (Make sure it's on HDMI vs. Display Port, DVI, etc.)
  • Restart laptop
  • Unplug the power cable (Connected to the monitor) and re-plug it in (There could have been a Windows error setting it up)
  • Make sure the cable is not faulty
  • Make sure the driver is functioning in Device Manager
Start with that and hopefully that helps.

Solution