Question Connecting MacBook to PC over network

neverknowu

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2012
Hello,
I'm working at a different location, Private Network, and I can't get my MacBook to connect to the Windows 10 system. It works fine on my home network. I right clicked the drive to check permissions, it's sharing as-normal, I haven't changed any settings there. It's a private network, set to file sharing. The PC can see/access the Mac, but the Mac cannot connect to the PC's hard drives, so I suspect there's a firewall accession PC? I turned it off in Windows Defender, that didn't work. Is it a homegroup/workgroup thing? Do I set it up as a Business Workgroup, or a Home? Curious if this is it, or I missed something else.

neverknowu

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2012
Hello,

Initially I made this post on the Windows 10 forum, but I think it's more appropriate here?

I'm working at a different location, Private Network, and I can't get my MacBook to connect to the Windows 10 system. It works fine on my home network. I right clicked the drive to check permissions, it's sharing as-normal, I haven't changed any settings there. It's a private network, set to file sharing. The PC can see/access the Mac, but the Mac cannot connect to the PC's hard drives, so I suspect there's a firewall accession PC? I turned it off in Windows Defender, that didn't work. Is it a homegroup/workgroup thing? Do I set it up as a Business Workgroup, or a Home? Curious if this is it, or I missed something else.