[SOLVED] connecting more than 3 fans

davidona

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2013
hello
i want to put 5 fans in my case but the mother board which is gigabyte aorus elite has 3 system fans spots
my question is there are 2 other pins with the name LED_C1 and C2 can i plug my other fans there or do i have to get a splitter
?,
or are there any other pins that i have not seen?

Solution
The LED headers are intended for RGB strips and can deliver 2A at 12v so could indeed power anything you want to run at full speed all of the time such as a waterpump or perhaps some especially quiet fans.

However most people are going to want to use the automatic fan speed adjustment of the fan headers. If you get a couple splitters to use those, be sure to add up the amperage/wattage of all fans to make sure they won't overload the header
The LED headers are intended for RGB strips and can deliver 2A at 12v so could indeed power anything you want to run at full speed all of the time such as a waterpump or perhaps some especially quiet fans.

However most people are going to want to use the automatic fan speed adjustment of the fan headers. If you get a couple splitters to use those, be sure to add up the amperage/wattage of all fans to make sure they won't overload the header

Solution